- Can I get a brief on IATA/UFTAA Exam?
- The Foundation course will give you an understanding of the travel and tourism industry, the travel professionals' role in this industry, the importance of exceeding customer expectations, a foundation in air fare calculations and quoting appropriate air fares. It is designed for students who wish to build a career in the travel industry. Junior travel consultants, airline personnel and tour operators, who regularly deal with the travel agents can also benefit with this course. The Foundation diploma meets one of the requirements towards working in IATA-accredited agencies.
- What are the Examination details?
- The Foundation syllabus consists of two subjects. For exam purposes both subjects are combined into one 3 hour paper. The subjects are:
- Airfares and Ticketing and Electronic booking tools
- General Knowledge
- Can I get a brief on IATA/UFTAA Consultant Diploma?
- The 'Consultant' course will assist you to understand more complex operations as well as the consultative approach to selling travel and tourism. This course is designed for students who have completed the Foundation course. Travel consultants with some industry experience, who wish to upgrade their professional competence, can also apply for this course. A Consultant would be able to handle all major aspects of the travel agency business. He would be able to provide accurate advice to clients on major tourist destinations and thereby construct complex fares and routings.
- What are the subjects for the examination?
- The subjects remain the same as in the Foundation course. But the modules would be at an advanced level. There are nine Modules at the Consultant Level.
- What are my job prospects if I complete the Foundation Level only?
- There is no compulsion to complete both levels. One can get into a job after his/her first level. But an advanced level ie; the Consultant Level will always have its own added value and ensures better career growth.
- How long will it take to complete the entire program?
- Each level has a duration of six months, which means that to finish a Consultant level, it would take one year .
- Are the classes full time or part time?
- Regular batches are full time. However, part time training is possible to accommodate individual requirements
- Who conducts the examinations?
- The conduct of exams, valuations and issue of certificates are all done by IATA directly. Once registered, a student can appear for the exam twice only and that too within a span of 2 years. The exams are based on an open book format.
- Where are the exams held?
- The exams are held at centres approved by IATA. Thrissur and Kochi are exam centres.
- Is a Diploma in travel and tourism required to start a travel agency?
- No. However it is advisable. Further a certain number of IATA qualified professionals are required for an agency to obtain IATA accreditation.
- What are the course fees?
- The fees include the component of the IATA registration and examination fees, the tuition fees and the value additions of communication skills and soft skills. Please contact the nearest office for the current fee structure.
- What value additions are offered?
- At Patriot, a special emphasis is given to enhancing Communication skills, Soft skills and Interview training. This makes you a well equipped professional. The nature of the work, the international links, the extent of documentation and contracts require a better than average level of communication skills. More so if one is aspiring to work in the metros or outside India. Patriot also provides industry visits and a free study tour.
- What are the other courses offered in Patriot?
- PAC offers the following IATA courses also:
CRS (Galileo and Amadeus)
Airline Finance and Accounting Management)
Certificate in Airline Customer Service
Airport Ground Operations Management
Airport Operations Management
SB Global Educational Resources Pvt Ltd
Ph: 91 484 2307995/6
Patriot Aviation College
Thrissur - 680004
Ph:0487 2388677/78 ,